Wednesday, November 30, 2011

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I (Day 5)

Museums, Memories, and More
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
There are a few words that come to mind:

  • Incredible
  • Fun
  • Busy
  • Memorable
  • Exciting

The day started with Papa/Grammie heading to Magee, MS to pick up Aunt Maura.  After they left, Aunt MooMoo/Uncle JoJo headed to school. Followed by Uncle Michael leaving for work and school - finally! After all had left, all 5 us cleaned up and went on to the Mississippi Children's Museum!

I had stepped inside yesterday to get some details, and was beyond excited as I knew that the kiddos would LOVE it, so we wanted to spend the entire day there. There was so much to do and so much to see, that I am not even sure where to begin in describing what was there for us to do. . .

We had decided that this would be an all day event - we went for about 2 1/2 hours in the morning before everyone, well Daddy and I, were becoming cranky and needed some food in our tummies, so we headed back home to get some warm food. As we were leaving the museum, with the intent of coming back after lunch, we realized that this was not happeneng fast! They had the Bair E. Batson Children's Hospital Neonatal and Pediatric ambulance out front giving tours. The kiddos LOVED seeing this especially the Neonatal transport as they had an isolette set up with a baby doll that had all of the tubes and wires that Wes had. . . After this tour, each kiddo was fit with a bicycle helmet! Then came the car seat sftey check that took forever, but when it comes to my kiddos, I would rather play it safe! While we were doing this, we were also being filmed for a little commercial or something on TV. Once I find it, I will put it on here!

We came home and ate some food/relaxed for a bit. Right as we were about to walk out the door, Aunt Maura, whom my kiddos have met, but have no memories of, came through the door. Today was the day that she was moving to Hudsbeth in Pearl, MS, and Mama/Papa had a spare moment that allowed them to bring her home! At first the kiddos were, understandably timid, but took NO time to warm up to their Aunt! They laughed, asked question, and played with her. It did my heart such good to see her and just how grown up she is. I loved every minute!

After about an hour of us visiting, it was time for them to head back to Hudsbeth and for us to get back to the Children's Museum. We spent about another 2 hours there playing, exploring, and having fun before we brought Hannah to Aunt RaRa's to make cupcakes with her! They had a great time and we had dessert for the night!

It was a great day of memories for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...