Tuesday, November 15, 2011

*Update* The Tummy Ache from H-E-L-L

Well, Praise God, so far so good! Hannah has complained one time of a tummy ache and gave one scream, but not even 2 minutes later, she was better.

  • We had a follow up with her GI doc yesterday and a Meckel's Scan has been ordered. We are waiting on the scheduler at the clinic to order this test. It is performed in nuclear medicine and she will be required to be on Prevacid for 3 days prior and fasting the day of. Also, this test does not always detect a Meckel Diverticuli. The doc told me that it only does so about 60% of the time. So we need to pray fervently that is she does that it shows up. From there, if the scan is positive, we move to surgery to remove it since it is causing problems. If there is nothing, seen, then we once again go back to the drawing board and decide what, if anything else, we want to do.
    Hannah was not thrilled about being there. . . the others were!
 
  • We are still just watchin' and waitin' for if/when another attack should occur and then we go back to the same plan of call the surgeon, rush to the ER, perform and ultrasound, and head to the OR if an intussusception is seen. . .

I am on edge. Tomorrow, I have a doctors appointment. The kiddos are going to go to my sister-in-law's house, which is fine, but I do not know if *I* am comfortable leaving Hannah. I am so full of anxiety and the what ifs. We are to head to MS in a few weeks, and while I know that we can not put our life on hold, I do not want to be away from *our* docs in case something happens. . . UGH! So, while you are praying for this sweet girl, throw in a prayer for her mommy's nerves if you would!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...