Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Writing Numbers




 This is taken from a blog that I adore called Simple. Messy. Fun! Amy is incredibly resourceful and always thinking of ways to help out. I am having some difficulty with numbers for one of the kiddos that I homeschool and have been looking for things to help her out when I saw this post ~ A Little Trick In Writing Numbers... ! It is precious and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did - When you are done reading it, hop on over to her blog and check out all of her other great ideas!


A little trick in writing numbers...



My little man has started kindergarten and is LOVING it. He comes home and tells me all about his day learning new things. When I ask his favorite thing he says, EVERYTHING! (Well, he has recently mastered the art of swinging, so now recess is the current favorite, but he still loves everything else as well.)

He came home last week telling me little rhymes his teacher had taught him on how to write his numbers. I had never heard them before so I wanted to share them with you all. He struggled a bit in writing his numbers before, but now that he knows these little rhymes, he has no problem!

1 - 1 is easy, 1 is fun, just a line and then you're done!
2 - Around and back on a railroad track
3 - Around the tree, around the tree, that is how you make a three
4 - Down and over, down some more, that is how you make a four!
5 - Short neck, belly fat, Mr. Five has a hat (that is my favorite)
6 - Around a loop, make a swoop
7 - Across the sky and down from heaven, that is how you make a 7
8 - Make an S but do not wait, go back up and close the gate.
9 - A circle and a line make a nine.

So there you have it. Hope you enjoyed those little tricks and maybe they can help your little ones too!
**Again, this is from Amy over at Simple. Messy. Fun! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...