Sunday, November 27, 2011

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I (Day 2)

Low Key / Laid Back Kind of Day
Sunday, November 27, 2011

Today was a long, yet fabulous day. The kiddos woke at 5:15 am central time and, go me, I kept them quiet until Uncle JoJo woke at 8:30! After that, I let them go and they went a bit crazy ~ playing Wii, dancing, playing, making all sorts of noise. Within 1/2 an hour, the rest of the house was awake and the real fun began. . . Papa made breakfast while the rest of us enjoyed coffee, laughter, and memory making!

Aunt LaLa came over after she finished the nursery and spent time with us for a bit.  While she was playing the younger two went down for naps and she took Little Robert for a bit to her house. Shortly after they left, Uncle Michael arrived with Aunt Shelly in tow! We spoke for a bit and then mama and I decided to go get manicures - after 3 different salons, we found one that was open and pampered ourselves (Thank you, mama  - I enjoyed our time together!). When we returned, it was time for Mama to go to work and Aunt Shelly to head back to USM. Unbeknownst to all though, Aunt Shelley had our bag of shoes with her, leaving the kiddos with only their crocs for this VERY cold week!

We rested and relaxed for a bit longer and then got ready for 5pm Mass at St. Richard's. . . It was SO nice to be able to go to mass with most of my siblings. There were 10 of us there, and I loved every minute of it - except for that little girl with the squeaky shoes! Once Mass was over, we returned home to Mama/Papa's where Papa was making homemade burgers and Aunt LaLa was making buttered rum - YUM!

The kiddos are having a great time playing with their Aunts and Uncles. Robert and I are having a great time watching them make memories. I am enjoying the time with my parents, brothers, and sisters. Makes me appreciate family even more. . .

36 hours of the trip have elapsed so far and I want it desperately to slow down. I want to not take a moment for granted. I feel like a little kid, fighting sleep to avoid the thought of missing something, anything. This time with my family is so much fun. The chaos of it all. The memories of it all.

Thank you, my love, for this surprise. It is one of the best surprises ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...