Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'll Love You Forever


This book, Love You Forever, has always been a favorite of mine. I have always repeated the phrase, "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." to my kiddos. When they were little and still nursing, I would always repeat it to them while we were rocking and preparing for bed. As they have became a little older, I'd whisper it in their ear after I pray over them at night before I go to bed. It just holds a special place in my heart.

Over the past few months, Robert and Hannah have been enjoying sleeping together - either in Robert's twin size bed together or one on the 'cot' and the other in Hannah's toddler bed as they can not be apart and if they were, each would come up with a new fear - so, we chose to pick out battles and let them enjoy this time as we know that all too soon, this will be just a memory. . .

So, this new development has led to Wesley feeling left out. He wants to be wherever they are and that CAN'T happen. . . yet! Now, this is not Daddy and I being ugly, but if all 3 slept together in the same room, because the older 2 wake before he does, they would wake him up and you NEVER, EVER wake a sleeping toddler!

In order to be fair, daddy and I have tried to come up with a solution - Robert, Hannah, and Wesley fall asleep in whatever room is chosen for that night. . .If it is Hannah's, they are on the cot, toddler bed, and port-a-crib - if it is Robert's, Little Robert is on the bed, Hannah on a pallet under his bed, and Wesley is in the full size crib. The past few nights, this has worked beautifully and there are NO fights or tears from Wesley and the older 2 enjoy being with 'their baby!'

Shortly after everyone is sound asleep, I move my sweet baby into the free room. . . all the while whispering those little words into his ear:
"I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."


1 comment:

  1. I love that book! The first time I read it to my kids I cried so much that I almost could not finish it! The kids just looked at me funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...