Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fill In the Blank

This week, in First Grade Phonics, we are working on vowels - you know, a, e, i, o, and u. On the page, there is a picture and underneath it is a consonant, blank space, consonant. Little Robert is to look at the picture and identify it and then determine what the vowel is in the middle. . .


He was doing great with it and was having no trouble "reading" the picture and then figuring out the correct vowel to fill in the blank. After getting the first 2 rows correct, I stepped away to tend to the other kiddos. A few minutes later, Little Robert, ever so proudly, brought me his paper so that I could check it. Now, before I even looked at it, I was SO proud because he had NEVER brought me his phonics work before. This is a subject that we always do together, but today, he showed me otherwise!

So, I look at it and realize that he has correctly identified each vowel . . .except one. . . Can you guess what went wrong here?!?!

There is never a dull moment with kiddos! And despite my attempts, he was determined that the vowel was an 'E' instead of an 'I'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...