Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To the one I love. . .

My Dear Robert,

When we met on that Friday evening in June 2002, never would I have thought it would lead to where we are today. You know, my love, one of the funny things about that night and the days following, is that I remember so many of the details as if they just happened. Throughout the entire summer of Crossroads, there are not many nights that I can say this about. And then moving forward in regards to us, there are SO many things that I remember as if they have just happened. . .
  • I remember sitting at Andrew and Julia house and seeing you walk in and immediately begin making everyone laugh.
  • I remember you walking with us that Monday and doing so many firsts with us - riding a ferry. Crossing a border. And that the day was just incredible. You stayed back and talked with Father while I walked ahead and sang the Rosary. It was SO powerful. 
  • I remember you doing the readings at Mass that night and breaking bread with us at our 'home'!
  • I remember laughing at all of my fellow walkers as they told me over and over that you were smitten!
  • I remember being "interviewed" for an article that you wrote, and again, having to convince others that you were just my "stalker!"
  • I remember all of the care and concern I received from you after my snake bite and subsequent surgery and hospital stay.  
Robert, my love, I remember it all and never would I have guessed that that chance meeting 9 years ago would lead us to where we are now - celebrating 8 glorious years of marriage!

During these years of marriage though, we have been through a lot - illness, moves, money woes, etc etc. However, even our most dire times, pale in comparison to what others endure. Even so, these are our struggles and our battles. These are our bad times. These are our times of sickness. These are our challenges. And with these, we seem to always come out stronger, no matter how hard they may be to overcome.

Never would I have thought, that when we stood on that altar at St. Richard of Chichester Catholic Church, reciting our vows while smelling Grampy's burning brakes from outside, that I could love you any more than I did on that day. I sure was naive as my love has grown daily and especially when I least expect it. I love how you give SO very much of yourself to ensure that all of us have everything that we need. You go without so that we do not. You are more than I could have ever hoped for and dreamed of.

Robert I love you. I am beyond grateful that our lives were brought together on that evening at Julia and Andrew's. I am glad that you stalked me were persistent, and did not give up. I am grateful that I finally followed my heart and my mind, and listened to your words as you were preparing for that long drive from my home to yours - "Let's be open to where God is leading this." And we both were. . .

You are now and will forever be On My Heart. I thank God for all that He has given us and I pray that He continues to guide and lead us in His ultimate plan for our life.

So, Happy Anniversary, My Love. I hope that you can look back on the past 8 years without regret and look forward to ALL that are to come with hope and enthusiasm for all of the adventures that are to come!  (. . . Ps. only 67 more until the Today Show!)
What we have accomplished in 8 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...