Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy Issues

Okay, so first let me say that I LOVE my kiddos with all of my heart, but I absolutely, positively do not understand them! One minute they are loving you and being the absolute sweetest kiddos ever then the next, it is as if they are consumed by this horrible attitude. As long as daddy is around, the attitudes and rudeness stay at bay, but as soon as he leaves, it returns with a vengeance. They do a total 180 in seconds depending on whether or not he is here and I am about at my wits end with it. . .

Example: Tonight, we were playing a spelling game - all 5 of us. Daddy had to run and check the lights at the entrance to our neighborhood (he is the President of our Homeowners Association) and as soon as he left, the boys began to jump on the couch, something they know is NOT allowed. I calmly and politely ask tell them to get down. Wesley does so, but immediately comes over and hits me and Robert does so with an attitude and hurtful words. Wesley received his punishment and Little Robert and I talk. Little Robert's attitude continues and eventually he ends up in his bed, 30 minutes early as I could take it no longer. And, of course, I no sooner get everyone calm and daddy arrives back home. . .

I knew that the day would come when their attitudes would get the best of me. When I would become the enemy. When I would be treated like my mother was treated by all of us growing up (Payback is hell!). BUT, I never expected it to come before the double digits hit - they are 6, 4, and 2. What is one to do? What can I do? Everything that I have done, tried, and attempted is not working and I do not know what else or where else to turn. Daddy always backs me up and provides appropriate punishments, but that only works when he is HERE. That leave 10 hours of the day, 5 days a week, where I am solo. . .

Any and all advice and/or suggestion are greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...