Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"The BESTEST Day Ever!"



According to my 4 year old, that describes today! And as you can imagine, that made all of my struggles from today fade into the background. . .

As usual when we have to be somewhere early, the day began full of stress and struggles. Most of this is just my own personal stress, anxiety and the need for perfectionism and order. I try to keep it to myself, but there are times when I just can not and the end result is not only a frazzled mommy, but frazzled kiddos as well. We finally left the house ten minutes later than I wanted and the boys had mismatched shoes on - but oh well! We eventually arrived at my sister-in-law's house in one piece and I even had time to sip my coffee for a second before I ran off to the doctor.

I checked in and was called back for the dreaded weigh in - I feel every time like I am on The Biggest Loser and there is this HUGE flashing sign saying look at me! I am then directed into a room and chat with the nurse for a moment while waiting for the doctor and thinking about the numbers I just saw. . .

After a bit of waiting, he enters and I immediately start in on the scale. After a few moments of listening, he says some VERY kind words and tells me that there is nothing to worry about - He knows my history and knows that is SO much easier said than done. I know that many people have a fear of the scale and/or hate the scale. To me this one thing that can absolutely control how my day goes. I worry about this for days leading up to an appointment where I know I will be weighed. I meticulously pick out my 'lightest' clothes. I remove any and all excess - a total 180 degrees from the days of weights on my ankles just to give a few more pounds!

Anyhow, the appointment ends and he reassures me that I am fine. That my weight is fine. That it is not nearly as big of a deal as I think it is. (Okay, whatever!) I have my labs drawn make, another appt and head out to get the kiddos. . .

I pick them up from my sister-in-law and we head home. I give them all some lunch and put the little ones to bed. Hannah decides she is too big for a nap today and I am too emotionally drained to fight her, so I just let her stay up and play with Robert. After rest time, we finished our school work for the day and then I let the fun begin!

I wanted to do something that would distract me from my thoughts but something that would not aggravate those dreaded nerves. So, I decided that we would be pirates and go on a scavenger hunt - we were looking for footprints, leaf prints, anything that was embedded into the sidewalk. We were also going to try and find the BIG fish in the pond, so we brought some leftover stale bread to feed them and set out on our adventures!
They found some animal prints. . .

Just being a goofball!
The animal prints
We did not find the BIG fish, but the ducks did find us!


To end Hannah's BESTEST day, I let her choose dinner - scrambled eggs, waffles, and watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...