Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grief

 "To spare oneself from grief at all cost, can be achieved only at the price of total detachment, which excludes the ability to experience happiness."
~Erich Fromm

I received a phone call not too long ago from my sister-in-law in regards to the principle at our church's school. She told me that her husband passed away last night. Now, I do not know her, rather them. I do see her every Friday when we go to Mass with the cousins, but that is as far as it goes. I know who she is, but in passing, we would *maybe* say hi, but never have a conversation. But, with the death of her husband, I am beyond compelled to do something. The kiddos and I immediately said a decade of the Rosary and will include them in all of our prayers for a long time. . . 

Beyond this, it has made me sit back and re-appreciate my family. All of them - my brothers, sisters, and parents in MS. My in-laws here. Grandparents. Aunts. Uncles. Cousins. And most importantly, my own children and husband. Today was the little wake-up call that every day we are given is a gift. Only HE knows how many days we have here on earth and each and everyone of them needs to be lived to the fullest!

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." 
Revelations 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...