Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday


BLESSED MOTHER!
So, today did not go quite as I had hoped and planned, but it was perfect. Just goes to show that I am not in control of ANYTHING! The original plan was Mass at 8:15 followed by a *little* birthday celebration in the Grotto. Then maybe after we would go to a park and run some errands. I had plans for some blue pasta for lunch and my surprise cake for dessert. It was to be a peaceful, serene day. . . 

Well, here is how our day REALLY went. . .

We left a few minutes later than I wanted for Mass only to realize that shoes were left at home. So, we frantically return home and head off to church. We run into VERY SLOW traffic going over the Damespoint Bridge, which frustrates me even more! When we finally make it to Mass, I can not get the code on the door to work, so we march around to the other entrance. Again my code does not work, so I try it in reverse and, go figure, it works! We walk into the Chapel and look around - the Blessed Sacrament is present as well as two people praying the Rosary and an 8th grade class with their teacher, but NO Priest. I settle the kiddos and we all say some prayers. After 25 minutes I come to the conclusion that Mass is not happening and we respectfully leave. I make a few phone calls, but can not get anybody so we go to the park to do our school work. We no sooner get there and unload the kiddos and school supplies and ALL of the kiddos decide they have to potty NOW. We take care of that and then return to the park to finish school, which the kiddos LOVED! About half way through school, I get a phone call from my mother-in-law (Grandma) who works at the church and even she is not aware of why there was no Mass this morning. We finish up school. play a little baseball, and then pack up and head back to the church to give Holy Mary her cards. We meet Grandma in her office and she unlocks the church so that the kiddos can give her their cards to Mary. And let me say, I am so sad that I did not have my camera. They each took their card and showed the statue of the Blessed Virgin their artwork. They explained what they made and how hard they worked. Each of them, Wesley included, reverently knelt and said a sweet Hail Mary and then touched her feet and told her happy birthday. Then the cards were slid back into the envelope and placed next to her. It was beautiful!
Our homemade cards from yesterday. 

After we left the church, we had a few errands to run - it was getting late, so I knew my idea of blue pasta was not going to work. Instead we just picked up a $5 pizza and called it lunch. By the time the kiddos were fed and ready for nap, it was too late in the day so there went nap/rest for the big ones - Wesley however, still had to lay down! We made the most of it and the big kiddos played outside and I worked on our lessons for next week. And since it is SO beautiful outside right now, we were able to have the windows and doors open again! 
Wesley wanted cake ALL day!
Wesley woke up around 2 and I tried multiple times to get everybody together so that we could have our birthday party. Since there was no nap and we had been playing hard ALL day, everyone was quite fussy. This led to poor choices which in turn led to no cake. . .
This is what happens when mommy says NO cake :-(
Finally, after lots of distraction, some dinner, and much better choices, I decided it was time to celebrate! Even daddy made it home in time to sing with us. . . 
Little Robert - O P E N your eyes!  


There you go!
Happy Birthday, Holy Mary!
The surprise! The kiddos loved it!

While the day did not go as I had planned, it was a perfect day afterall and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...