Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shower Spelling

After a good bit of trial and error, I finally found something that the kiddos enjoy for practicing spelling words...

I bought 4 packages of foam letters and put them in a bucket. I then had each kiddo put on a swim suit and hop - with not knowing why - in the shower -->

Once in there, I informed them of the rules:  I will call out a word and whoever 'writes' the word correctly first wins. If there is fighting or screaming, you must sit out for 2 words. The first to get 10 words, in a row, correct, wins! What they win is up to the initiator of the game... ME!
 Even Wesley had fun trying to figure out how to spell words... He was quite good at finding 'W', 'A', and a few others!
Each kiddo had a great time and really practiced new words. I enjoyed every second of hearing their laughs and giggles - especially since they had NO idea that they were learning new information... in their little minds, they were just playing and having fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...