Saturday, February 23, 2013

To The Salon We Go...

Yesterday, Hannah and I decided to go t the salon to get our nails done. My gel polish from Maura Annie's funeral was looking a bit decrepit, so it was time to go - I was not prepared for it to be a bit tender and received many a look from those around as my Precious Hannah sat with her head in my lap, hugging me and then providing the necessary distraction! What a gift she is!

At first, I had to soak off my prior gel polish - Hannah could NOT stop laughing at this... for obvious reasons! Miss Hannah was acting SO silly and kept asking me to do things she knew were impossible to do with aluminum foil wrapped fingers. Great fun was had during this phase of the manicure!

After the soak off, It was time for the fun part - picking out a color! I have never been one for color, but since Maura died, I have found that it is one thing that makes me feel close to her. Hannah on the other hand, has ALWAYS gotten color - she loves it, and bright colors at that! At the salon, there was a plethora of bright pinks, purples, greens, blues, and so on. But, Miss Thang settled on a color called "Where is the lizard?" It is one of those colors that changes colors in the light when you tilt it - so there is gold, green, some blue, etc, etc. Hannah helped choose mine, and I was not sure if I wanted to go with another 'Maura Color' or something light and subtle. I went back and forth many times and finally settled on neither a super bright color, nor a very light one - you decide what color it is!
If Hannah stops biting her nails, she will get free color from now until they take back the incentive! She is MOTIVATED!!!!
We had such a great time. We were at the salon for almost 2 hours (most of the time waiting), but it felt so good to have a special outing with my one and only daughter!

"A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be your friend."
Hannah, mommy LOVED spending time with you on our special outing today. Thank you for being the best daughter anyone could ask for. Your heart is so big and you are always thinking of everyone before yourself. I thank God every single day for allowing you to be my daughter. I love you so very, very much.
XOXOXO, ♥ Mommy    
Ps. Skinamarinkadink, Skinamarinkado, I love you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...