Sunday, February 24, 2013

GriefShare

I began to get these GriefShare emails 11days ago - they are absolutely incredible and always speak to my heart and gives me exactly what I need for that moment.

However, as I read this one, I thought it was perfect to share what it is like. Losing a sibling, a young sibling, is SO much different that losing a grandparent or someone that had been ill and death was expected. Those are hard and you still grieve, but this is different, on SO many levels.

I think that Day 11's GriefShare explains it perfectly.

Losing a Part of Yourself 
Day 11
The loss of a close family member creates extra depth and complexity to your grief. You shared a special and intimate connection with your loved one, and this relationship helped you define who you were. Losing this person has literally ripped you apart on the inside, leaving you unsure of your own identity.

Dr. Jim Conway, speaking of the death of his wife, says, "When Sally died, it was as if someone took a giant samurai sword and just cut me right down the middle. I kept asking myself and God, 'How am I supposed to go on with one leg, with one arm, with half a brain? How am I supposed to do all of this?"

There is hope for you. Your identity can be found again when you abide in the Lord Jesus Christ and place your faith in Him. This will not happen overnight, and the process may be very painful. But Jesus will certainly help you as you depend on Him.

"If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him" (1 John 4:15-16).

Lord Jesus, piece me back together again with Your unfailing love. Amen.
 
**If any of you reading this, have lost a loved one and need some support, some advice, these are great. They also an 11week program on how to cope and continue living, please check out the website. I tell you, ,it has brought me great comfort already and all I get are the daily emails - and they start with Day 1 the day after you sig up; so you are not starting it in the middle...**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...