Thursday, February 14, 2013

God's Timing

Thank God for friends who are there when you need them!

A group of my friends and I had been planning a Valentine's Day Celebration for about a month. Given the recent events and my desire to do absolutely nothing, I had no intention of going... until my girlfriends decided that they would come to my house and make sure that the four of us went - and boy am I glad that we did...

Once the decision was made, we needed to make Valentine's for all of our little friends. This year, we went super simple and the kiddos cut out and decorated hearts for all. Once we were done, we put everything in a pile on the table and planned on cleaning once we arrived back home...

The party was a blast (pictures to come!) and I am so glad that we had the distraction. The kiddos had a great time and it did my heart such good to hear my kiddos laughing and see them smile. They played with friends and made crafts. And when it was time to leave, I let out some intense emotions by cleaning the entire floor with baby wipes - it felt good!

When we came home, it was time to clean up all of our art supplies from earlier. Right before I put the last stack of papers in the HomeSchool closet, I came across this picture that Hannah had created over the MLK weekend, when Aunt Maura was first admitted to the infirmary for IV antibiotics...
Aunt Maura - Love Hannah - I hope you feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...