Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wesley To The Rescue!

On Wednesday nights, Daddy will take Lil' Robert to CCD while Wesley and sometimes Hannah stay behind with just mommy. Tonight, Wesley wanted to be just with mommy, so Hannah went to CCD.

Once they left, we played a game of 'policeman' where you (ssshhh...don't tell daddy) run around the house screaming FREEZE and 'shooting' each other with the cork guns! We had an absolute blast with this - at one point, Wesley cornered me outside. It was quite the game!

Then, we had dessert - this was an ordeal because Mr. Man could not decide on ANYTHING. He would open one thing and then after a bite, decide it wasn't for him. Finally, he was given one last thing and off to Mommy and Daddy's bed we went - me with my diet coke, and Wesley with his Hot Hot Cocoa Milk!

My sweet, not such a baby, baby were enjoying our snuggles. He was watching cartoons, while I did some work on the computer - organizing my inbox and creating a folder (before caving) all of my Maura Annie pictures. At some point, I pressed a button, and in that instant, all of the pictures went away. I was devastated. The sobs began. At first they were quiet but before long, I could no longer control it...

Once Wesley heard my sobs he looked at me, with his gorgeous, innocent, loving eyes and said, "It's otay mommy, I take care of you." He then crawled out of the bed and out of sight. I remained at the computer sobbing, trying desperately to find these precious pictures with no luck. Before I knew it, he was back with a handful of tissues!

My sweetheart crawled into bed and just squeezed me, saying over and over, "I yove you, Mommy!" The sobs settled and after a prayer to St. Anthony, the pictures were found, sorted, and saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...