Friday, February 8, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings
*Author Unknown*
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses. 
Count your joys instead of your woes; 
Count your friends instead of your foes. 
Count your smiles instead of your tears; 
Count your courage instead of your fears. 
Count your full years instead of your lean; 
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean. 
Count your health instead of your wealth; 
Count on God instead of yourself.

I get daily e-mails geared towards homeschooling families. They are sent out by a Christian organization and always seem to contain exactly what I need for that day...

Today was no different. I found myself feeling guilty for having fun. For enjoying time with my family. I felt as if by having fun, I was forgetting Maura Anne...

These feelings are no different from the ones I had after John David died - the difference being, at the time, I had no husband or children. I was a Freshman in college, living in a dorm room by myself. My days were consumed with classes and tears. I fell into a depression. I lost all of my new found friends - life was hard...

This time, I feel the depression. It is hanging over my head like a dark cloud trying to get in, BUT, I cannot allow that to happen. I have to keep going. I cannot lie in bed and cover my head, forgetting about life. I am a wife. I am a mom. I must keep going...
Each day is a struggle. I am having to learn how to deal with grief in a healthy manner. I am having to find the balance in life. I am having to realize that it is okay to cry. It is okay to be happy. It is okay to have fun. After all, that is what Maura Anne would want - I know that everytime I begin to fall into that depression, which is quite frequently, she points her finger at me from Heaven above and says "No no no no no no no, Paul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...