Monday, April 9, 2012

Off to the doctor we go......

Today, I took Robert, Hannah, and Wesley for their annual well child checks. I love our doctor because we very rarely have to wait. Today, I had not even paid yet when they were calling our names. The best part was that their appointments were spread out over 2 hours, but our incredible doctor saw each of them at the same time - no going back to the waiting room and waiting until the appointment time. From the moment we drove into the parking lot until we were buckling our seat belts on the way out, was a whopping 45 minutes!

When we first arrived, the boys were quite hopeful that they would get shots. Why they wanted them, I will never know, but they did. Hannah, on the other hand, was terrified that she would get one. As our fabulous doctor made his rounds through each child, the boys became upset and Hannah became happy - NO shots for anyone.... I was grateful for this because though they thought that shots would be 'fun' I knew they would be followed by tears.... lots of tears!

We also went through and looked at each kiddos stats and growth curve...or lack thereof!
Robert (7): 42lbs (8%) and 44.5in (6%)
 Hannah (5): 36lbs (23%) and 41in (19%)
Wesley (3): 28lns (12%) and 35.5in (6%)
 
Since they were all so good, I took them to a park down the road from the Family Medicine Clinic. I had packed up some old biscuits, monkey bread, hamburger buns, and bread so that  could feed the ducks. All of the kiddos loved this and at times, I had to remind Hannah and Wesley that the bread was old and meant for the ducks NOT them! Once we ran out of bread, all of us ventured to the playground where they climbed, ran, and played on the swings.

While we were swinging, we were greeted by a lady with a microphone and a man with a camera - they were from channel 4 news and wanted to interview us in regards to how the smoke was affecting us. The funny thing was, I had just given the kiddos the 2 minute warning as it was starting to give me a headache! Anyhow, they interviewed me and filmed the kiddos playing. It should air Wednesday morning during the 6:30 segment. As soon as I *hopefully* find it, I will post it on here!

So, it was a great morning. Our kiddos are healthy, happy, and albeit slowly, they are growing! I found myself doing the math today to see just how much they have grown since that first day ....
Robert: 7 times bigger than he was 7yrs ago
Hannah: 6 times bigger than she was 5yrs ago
Wesley: 6 times bigger than he was 3yrs ago
Thank you, God for Robert Edwin Hannah Elizabeth, and Wesley Keegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...