Tuesday, April 17, 2012

1 Down, ____ To Go!

Well, both my checkbook and I survived the acupuncture appointment! It began with a long history - she wanted to know all about me, my parents, siblings, and grandparents. She went back YEARS with my history - to when I was in 7th grade and developed appendicitis! She feels that all of this is intertwined somehow. We spoke about diet and the environment. We spoke about day to day routines. We spoke in depth about the past 18months.

After this, she 'examined' me in a very nontraditional way. She wiggled my arms and legs. She felt my pulses. She looked at my tongue (?!?!) She asked me a few questions during this that had never been asked before.

Once this was done, she sat down and said she can get me better. She knows how to end my pain..... now, I have been told this many times already, but before I could question her, she made the comment that, 'I am sure you have heard this from all of the doctors you have already seen.' This made me feel good. She then proceeded to tell me that there is no 'quick fix.' That her best guess would be 6-12months. It would include acupuncture, a form of Chinese massage and herbs, and dietary changes....

I was informed that I would have to completely give up diet coke! GASP! For those of you that know me well, know that I love diet coke. It is my drink of choice and has been for as long as I can remember. I asked permission to finish what was in my fridge, and she said okay... but when that is gone, there will be no more :-/ This will be the hard, but if it can help me feel better, I am totally game!


After this come to Jesus moment, she left and came back a few moments later ready to start the poking. I was nervous, but ready. The first one was on my right shin. It was a bit uncomfortable, but no big deal. She then proceeded to place some in my calfs, knees, and feet. Then slowly worked her way to my hands, ears (OUCH!), and scalp. It was different. Some I felt, others not at all. Once she was done, she brought over 2 heat lamps, turned off the lights, and told me to relax. After she left, I fell asleep!

Once everything was said and done, we chatted some more and I paid. She wants to do 2 sessions of Chinese massage and then re-evaluate. At this point, I am no longer scared. The only thing that has me on edge is the money, but I know that if this is HIS will, that HE will find a way. So, we will pray about it and go with whatever path HE shows us! :-)

(Special thanks to my fabulous girlfriend for coming over from Orange Park to sit with my babies.... all while dealing with her 8month old and all day pregnancy sickness. We love you, Katrina!)
Mama Mary and Baby Andrew (8 months old)
Mrs. Katrina with Robert, Hannah, and Wesley

1 comment:

  1. Mary-my resent experience with giving things up (Diet Coke, coffee, etc) is this...it's not really missing the item, as much as the pleasure it brings. (think of the positive mental/emotional feelings taking a "Diet Coke" break conjures up?) Try to replace it with something healthy and just for you. I have tried a variety of green teas..iced and yummy. Plus good (?!) for you...I've discovered it's more mental with me...shocking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...