Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013


Today was incredible! Today was exhausting. Today was a Mother's Day that I will forever remember...

Around 11:45 last night, my head finally hit the pillow. Prior to that a certain 8 year old could not fall asleep.  During his in and out of his bed, he woke a certain 6 year old who became too scared to lay down by herself. {Now, let me back up a bit and say that all 3 kiddos, for the past 3 months, have been sleeping in the same room. The boys in their beds with Hannah on a crib mattress under Robert's loft bed.} This resulted in Robert making his home in Hannah's horse bed while Hannah made a pallet on the floor...

After almost 30minutes of snuggling with Lil' Robert, he was finally asleep. As I tried to sneak out of the room, Hannah woke. I laid with her on the floor for nearly an hour and, of course, every. single. time. that I tried to leave, she would wake up, cry, and beg to snuggle longer. I would lay back down, only to repeat the scenario a few minutes later! OYE! Eventually, I gave her my Kindle and told her to read the horse books and I would return to snuggle in a bit...

This worked until 1:15 am when I was awoken by a finger poking me in the forehead! Once again, she woke and was scared. In came her blanket and pillow so that she could make a pallet next to me bed. Back to slumber land she went until 6am...

At some point after 3, Wesley came running and screaming into my room. He needed his mommy 'nuggles'! I pulled him in bed between daddy and I and we all fell back asleep!

As soon as the clock strikes 6am, Miss Hannah woke and needed food! I tried to convince her to lay down that it was not wake up time, but this did not go over well. Tears quickly followed and before I knew it, Lil' Robert, Hannah, Wesley, and I were wide awake and starting the day. Breakfast was served to the 3 kiddos and they were told to sit quietly and eat - Mommy wanted to lay down again!

This worked for a very little bit - maybe 5 minutes - until I was back out here breaking up another fight! So our day started out early and abruptly - but with PLENTY of Happy Mother Day's thrown between the arguments!

Just before 8, we woke daddy so that we could get ready for the nursery. As I was in the bathroom getting ready, daddy, Lil' Robert, Hannah, and Wesley presented me with a beautiful picture. (see top of post)

The rest of the day was spent at the nursery, watching as the police pulled over speeders in San Marco, taking (or attempting to take) naps, Mass (where daddy and I both received Holy Communion with Lil' Robert AND he received the Precious Blood for the first time ever!), and dinner with Grandma...

It was an absolutely fabulous day full of little things from my children at every turn. I truly think this might be the first year that they understood the value of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...