Sunday, May 5, 2013

First Holy Communion Pictures

 

My heart is bursting with pride as I sit here. My oldest son has just received Holy Communion for the very first time! He has experienced the joy of receiving the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ! He has officially received his 3rd Sacrament!

When it was time for communion, Lil' Robert approached the altar and bowed before the consecrated host. He told Father Thanh 'Amen' - I Believe - as Jesus was presented to him. Then, Jesus was placed in  Lil' Robert hands and he stepped to the side, made the sign of the cross and returned to his seat - 4 seemingly simple steps that have so much meaning...

 Daddy and I had tears in our eyes as we watched. However, Lil' Robert had a grin that I rarely see spread across his face. He knew just how special today is. He understood the importance of receiving Jesus. He showed Daddy and I that he was truly ready for today. That he understood its importance...
Reflecting on this morning, we are so proud. We are joyous. We are grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...