Monday, May 13, 2013

Maura's Memory Bear

 
11 years ago, after the death of our brand new baby brother John David, we were introduced to DD's Memory Bears. She used her incredible talents to create not 1, but 2 bears using the hospital gown that Mama wore... {I am not able to upload a picture to this post, but if you click on 'bears' and 'hospital gown', you will see the gown and then one of the two bears...}

 With Maura's death, we all knew that Maura Memory Bear's were a must. After Rachael, Clare, Aunt Mary, and I cleared our her room and brought home all of her clothes, the search began for memory bear materials. After they were chosen, we placed our items in a ziploc bag with our name so that they could all be shipped together. Honestly, that time was such an incredible blur, that I had forgotten what I had chosen!

Finally, 10weeks, 8 bears, and 1 pillow later we have our Maura Anne Memory Bears! They were all shipped to Mama and Papa's house, which as much as I want mine N.O.W., I think it will be more beneficial to get her surrounded by my parents and siblings...

Without further ado, here is my memory bear...
The main fabric was a long sleeve cotton shirt and the colorful fabric was a zippered jacket that she picked out all on her own! Maura Anne had a love for color and patterns that was all her own! I ADORE the hood/bonnet that was created!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...