Friday, May 10, 2013

HomeSchooling Success


For the 2013-2014 School Year, I am hoping to do something a little different...

I am wanting to create my own curriculum this year! It only took me 3 years to gain the confidence to do this, but I am ready and so very excited!

I am also going to do some tweaking with Robert and Hannah's 'grade' level. Right now, we have them 1 year apart in school - for 2012-2013, Lil' Robert is in 2nd and Hannah is in 1st. Math is about the only subject that they will stay separated by grades. All of the others, we will combine which, I believe will help them greatly since they love to help each other and work together!

Here is how our curriculum will look:
  • Our outline will come from Easy Peasy. She has created an incredible curriculum that is available to all. She even has a pre-school outline that I am using, with great success, with Wesley right now!
  • To supplement reading comprehension and spelling, we will use K12 Reader.
  • For extra practice with reading/phonics, we will use Progressive Phonics. They also have a handwriting section that I am sure we will use.
  • Time4Learning will be used to help fine tune math skills and help with English. There is a science and social studies section on their site, but I am not convinced we will use it yet. 
  • I will use WorksheetWorks to create worksheets.
  • For Religion, we will use their CCD Books.
I am so very excited about the 2013-2014 School Year - good or bad, it will be one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...