Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Ummy Urts, Mommy

Most days at nap time, Hannah and Wes like to snuggle with me until they fall asleep and then I sneak out and spend some one-on-one time with Little Robert. Well, today, we had some people working in the backyard and I felt the need to keep an eye on them. I did let Hannah and Wesley snuggle together, but that was short lived. Eventually, Hannah ended up sleeping for 3 hours on the couch as the men were just too interesting. Then, Wesley came to me because he had to potty. Once he was done, he said:
"Mommy, I yay down wif oooo, kay..... Me in ur bed, kay? My Ummy Urting and need oooo to old me, kay. Fank oooo, Mommy." 
With that, we moved to my bed where I could watch the men until he fell asleep...... 4 hours later I had to wake him up!

At first I wanted to say no. To do what I had wanted, but then it hit me that one day, I will look back and wish that I had snuggled. I will wish that I had taken the time to take care of their ever so important needs... So, thank you God for opening my eyes to realize what was most important at that very moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...