Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Hannah Elizabeth

 5 years ago today, we welcomed a beautiful 6lb 7oz baby girl into our life! She has brought us so much joy and happiness over the years and we thank God everyday for the miracle that is our daughter!

Hannah's entry into this world was very precarious. From day 1, things were 'iffy'. I will never forget a spur of the moment US at my first OB appt with her where my uterus showed no signs of pregnancy. The doctors were sure that I was in the process of miscarrying, and had me come in for blood draws every 48hrs. When I returned in a week for a follow up US, there was a little sac containing our precious daughter. From there on out, the pregnancy was spent in and out of the hospital for pre-term labor, visiting the high risk OB's twice a week, time on bed rest, an amnio to check for lung development at 35.1wks, and then finally, just before the 36wk mark, I began to abrupt. At this development, I knew that our daughter, whose lungs were grossly underdeveloped just days prior, would be entering this world. And let me say, her birth was by far the scariest as I know how quickly things can go from bad to worse....

When the contractions began, I called Robert and told him he needed to come and take me in. At this time, there was no need to hurry as I was secretly hoping for a VBAC. A few hours later though, things took a turn for the worse and I knew that I was abrupting. I called him at work and told him to come NOW.  He did so and within an hour of my call, she was in our arms for a very brief time before she had to go to the special care nursery (NICU) for a bit. Because of the abruption, her stomach and lungs were full of blood and she needed to be thoroughly suctioned and monitored. Luckily, not long after she left, she was back in my arms and all were comfortable with her breathing. Shortly after this stunt, she quit urinating. We were given the option of, a traumatic for her and I, IV or a, traumatic for me, bottle of formula. We chose the latter, but once she began to potty again, those were a thing of the past!

Since that day, she has kept us on our toes. From her newest issue if intussception, to her spells of breath holding, passing out, seizures (requiring a neuro and cardiac work-up!), to her broken arm and glued eye lid, to her sepsis admission at 16 days old where she had a few apnea episodes.... She makes sure that we are always paying attention, but we would not have it any other way. She is our precious daughter. Our gift from above. Our miracle!
Sweet, Precious Hannah Elizabeth,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are such a sweet heart and mommy and daddy love you so very much. You make us smile and laugh all of the time. You are so silly and so very sweet... except when you get an attitude! Enjoy your day, baby!
Love you always,
Mommy and Daddy

5 Years Old
4 Years Old
3 Years Old
2 Years Old
1 Year Old
A Few Hours Old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...