Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Mommy, How Was I Made?"

I truly thought I had time before this question was asked, but well, it happened tonight and my standard answer of "God Made You"  was not enough....

Hannah, who is turning 5 tomorrow, was asking me about the day that she was born. We went through the entire day and she asked a lot of questions. I have never been able to reminisce with my children about their actual birth day, so this was a lot of fun.

After a bit, she asked me that question: "Mommy, How Was I made?" I gave her the standard answer of you were created out of love, to which she quickly told me that she ::insert exaggerated eyes and hands:: "just knows that there is more!" I thought for a moment and told her that it took Mommy, Daddy, and God to make Robert, Hannah, and Wesley. Again, she was not satisfied, so I just simply said that God used his magic! To this she started thinking aloud: "I wonder if he wears a magicians hat? A magic cape? A magic wand? Maybe he has a bunny?"

 It took all I had to not laugh at this image of God, dressed as a magician, creating new life with every abracadabra!

Children are truly a gift from the Lord. I thank God everyday for our sweet miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...