Thursday, March 14, 2013

Learing IS Fun!

Today I finally listened to some friends and turned to our computer for schoolwork...

At first, I was hesitant as to how they would take it. Would there be our usual fights about not doing school, or needing a day off, or doing xyz, etc - there is ALWAYS some excuse! However, today I was shocked!

I opened up Reading Eggs and had Robert and Hannah take a simple test to see where they were at. They then continued playing the 'games' not knowing that they were learning! Each of them played for about 45minutes with absolutely NO complaints - only the occasional, "Mommy, I love these games!" I dared not tell them they were learning/doing some school work!

Then came math and I opened up IXL Math. It is different from Reading Eggs in that you determine where your child is at. You are also the one guiding them as they go. Whereas in Reading Eggs, you must master one skill before you can progress to another. Regardless though, each kiddo had a fabulous time!

After I PULLED them away from the computer and made them go outside, they thanked me for letting them take a day off from school! Little do they know....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...