Saturday, October 22, 2011

JHSK Meet and Greet - October

Yesterday, we had our monthly Meet-and-Greet with Jacksonville Homeschool Kids at one of the many local parks. This one was also combined with a fall art day! We always attend the "m and g's" as my kiddos LOVE playing with their friends and I love the chit-chat with other mommies and with the pumpkin crafting this time, we could not miss it!

Before we began the art session, the kiddos enjoyed this beautiful weather! They rode bikes and scooters. Played baseball and soccer. Just embracing the incredible cooler temperatures - it was wonderful!
After a little bit of free play, the pumpkin fun began! Each kiddo was able to choose a pumpkin and then a way to decorate - I chose for all of mine to paint, as knives make me nervous and pumpkin guts make me queasy! All of the decisions were made, and off they went. . .
"Mommy, I aint irt?!" (see the yellow paint on his shirt?!?!?)
painting a smiley face!
this was just the beginning of red paint on a white shirt. . . and on her nose!
because NO pumpkin is complete without a hand print!
the "happy I am done dance" :-)

Pumpkin Robert, Pumpkin Hannah, and Pumpkin Wesley
We had a great time! After the pumpkin art, we hung around for a while longer so that they could dry. The kiddos played with their friends, both old and new and I was able to have some much needed mommy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...