Tuesday, October 25, 2011

JHSK - Field Day!

On Monday, we attended JHSK's Field Day and from what we had heard, this would be FUN!!
We were told to wear comfy clothes, bring lots of water, a picnic lunch, and great attitudes! The kiddos were beyond excited, but I was a bit timid as I only knew what Field Day's were like growing up, and while they were GREAT, there was SO much competition and I am just not ready for that. A little is fine and healthy, but I do not want it to be s/he is better than me, etc etc. I was quite relieved to see that all of my fears were put to rest and it was a fabulous day. . . except for me forgetting sunscreen!!

Before we were able to have any fun however, we had to get through school in the morning. The kiddos all know the rules and barely complained or moaned as they knew that that would just be a waste of time - I love that they are learning these little facts! We also had our cousins, Dylan (7) and Daniel (6), with us as Christ the King was out for the day. After everyone was finished with school and our chores were complete, we loaded into the van and headed out!

As soon as the festivities began, we separated the kiddos into "Bigs" (8 and older) / "Littles" (7 and under) and then it was time to start! Within our "Littles" group, we attempted to split them into 2 teams, but everyone who has ever been around an excited little kiddo knows how well this goes. . . So, we just decided to do our best and HAVE FUN!

Our first game was the balloon race. You took 2 drumsticks and ran to the bag of balloons. Picked up a balloon then ran back and dropped it into a laundry basket.  Now, the  "olders" counted the balloons and followed the rules, but the "littles" just had fun. . . if they even wanted to play!
 
  

After this, we moved onto the changing clothes relay. You had to put on a pair of pants, a shirt, and a jacket. Then run around a tree and return to the starting point where you would take them all off and pass them to the next player. I was laughing so hard with this one, plus we had kiddos switching teams right and left that there were no pictures taken! This one was absolutely one of my favorite though!

After this, we had the "Blanket Pull." I am assuming that this was meant to be a race, but with the little kiddos it was more of a challenge than anything, so it was just a group effort and a HUGE hit with them! (Robert would let NO ONE pull Hannah!)
 
 
In between this activity and the next, there was a break and this is when I caught this moment:
After our little break and lunch, it was time for our last activity - the hula hoop game. You know, the one where you snake a hula hoop over each other while holding hands? I expected this one to be VERY difficult, but in fact, it was not. . . and once again, it was quite a hit!
 
 
After the games were said and done, we played for a bit. Hannah and Wesley enjoyed playing on the playset with Joce. Robert, Dylan, and Daniel enjoyed playing kickball with the other kiddos. Aahliya enjoyed some good snuggles with me. We all had a great time and were absolutely exhausted by the time we left - but it was the good exhausted. The "worth every minute of fun that was had" exhausted!

Last night, while I was at the gym attempting to get some endorphins going, my phone buzzed. I opened it up and it was a picture from daddy -
apparently somebody had so much fun they could not wait for bed - I just wish that it had been my arms instead of the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...