Saturday, October 15, 2011

*First Ever* Daddy/Daughter Date Night :-) (...and Mommy/Men adventure)

It has happened - Daddy and his precious princess, had their first ever official, get dressed up, date! We told her last night that she would be going on a date, just Hannah and Daddy, and she has been talking about it since - from when she went to bed at 9:45 last night to when she woke up at 5:50 this morning. Even as she was fighting her nap, and as soon as she awoke! It has been on her radar ALL day! Honestly though, I am not sure who was more excited: Daddy, Hannah, or myself!

'Missy' was guessing right and left about where she would be going - Rain Forest Cafe down in Orlando; Dave and Busters; a place in MS - but never once did Chick-fil-A come up, which was a HUGE surprise, as it is always a top priority here! All of her guessing led to a lot of upset with the boys though. Robert was able to understand that mommy and the boys would go somewhere, but Wesley was just not there yet. . .

So, after both Hannah and Daddy were bathed, dressed, and ready, we took a few photos in front of the house. . .
 
But obviously, she was ready to just leave and was not in the mood for more than 1 good picture! Daddy ran back inside while I buckled Hannah in. She and I spoke for a minute and then she let out this scream and yelled, "I'm going on a date!" It was that "eeekkk" that I expect from a teenager, not my 4 year old!
When I informed her that I knew where they were going and subsequently refused to tell her, the giddy excitement turned into this:
But, oh well! I knew that she would get over it and have a GREAT time in the end!

As they were leaving, the boys were beginning to get upset because they were leaving and we were at home without them. To avoid a disaster, daddy rolled down the truck window and took our picture - it was a great distraction for the boys!
The boys and I ran inside, grabbed our stuff, then were off to McDonald's for "Children's Happy Meals." It was what they wanted for their special night with mommy, so I obliged. They even had these nifty little touch screen game screens for the kiddos to play with:
 
We ate our dinner and just killed time. Periodically, we would get a picture text from daddy updating us on the evening. The first ones brought tears to my eyes - yes in McDonald's, I was sitting there crying!
 
 
And then, I received 2 that just let the tears flow - mostly because I truly value the gift that my children are. That I love how blessed I am. How blessed Robert and I are to have these beautiful kiddos. And then that Daddy and Hannah, were given this opportunity to make such great memories, just the 2 of them, while Robert, Wesley, and I were doing the same. So, after dinner and manicures, off for a limo ride!
About the same time they left Chick-fil-A and we left McDonald's. However, neither of our dates were over just yet! The boys and I continued on to find Wesley's Halloween Costume (a white shirt and black pants) and then a few craft supplies and a 24 piece Chuggington puzzle from The Dollar Tree. Then, we headed to a park on our way home to monkey around a bit.
 
We then played a great round of chase before taking one final picture and heading home to do our puzzle and end our fabulous Mommy and Men Evening! The three of us had a great time!
After Daddy and Hannah left Chick-fil-A, they headed over to Walmart and bought me a new iron and ironing board cover! (I guess that daddy is tired of our beach towel ironing board cover and our iron that will leave rust stains on all it touches!) Not only did they think of me on their date, but Hannah picked out a movie for each of her brothers because, "they could not come." That sweet girl is *always* thinking of others. She is incredibly selfless and teaches me so much on how to truly love and to be grateful for the smallest of things. . . On the way out, she saw a little Ladybug that needed to be rescued, so of course, Hannah took care of the smallest of God's creations. . .
While we were playing at the park, I received a phone call from Daddy asking for my permission if they could go see. . .
The Lion King. . . in 3D
The glasses, and of course popcorn, and junk were a HUGE hit with Hannah - I am not sure if she has even been to a move before, but, I know that she enjoyed it!
I know that this evening will be talked about by all for days and weeks to come. It was a very memorable evening by all - I greatly enjoyed making memories with my sons and listening to and looking at the pictures from my husband and daughter. It was a great day and one that made me feel like one of the luckiest women alive. And just one more day where I want to fall to the floor in thanksgiving for all that I, so undeserving, have been given.

At 9:20 this evening, when the doorbell rang, one of the first things I grabbed was my camera. I ran to the door just in time to capture my husband dropping off his date and the goodbye kiss:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...