Friday, October 28, 2011

Bodyology with Mr, Slim Goodbody

What better time to study the human body then during Halloween?!?! When we were made aware of Mr. Slim Goodbody coming to town with his Bodyology tour, I knew that we had to go. . . And I am SO grateful that we did! The kiddos had SO much fun learning about how our body works through songs, pictures, and dancing!

I looked at the schedule the night prior and saw "9:00am" with the words "do not be late" in the email. So, since I am so incredibly smart, I read no further and made a mental note that we needed to leave the house by 8am so that we could be at the University of North Florida by 8:30. Since I can never leave on time, we did not, AND we had to make a stop to get some cash. Even with that, we arrived on campus by 8:30 - I was ecstatic, until I realized just how early we were! It turns out, that the show did not even begin until 10, so we had 90 minutes to kill on a college campus with 4 kiddos. . .

The stairs were a hit - and we even practiced out math!
4 kiddos (Robert, Hannah, Aahliya, and Wesley) - 1 kiddo (Wesley) = ???
4 kiddos (Robert, Hannah, Aahliya, and Wesley) - 2 kiddos (Aahliya and Wesley) = ???
This guy was swinging something that the kiddos thought was pretty cool!
Hannah was just taking it all in. . . she especially liked the lady with HOT PINK hair!
Wesley was a bit timid!
These raised square/platforms were a huge hit - Robert and Aahliya like to sit on the and just observe everything!

Finally, after waiting for over an hour, our group had gathered and we were ready to go in. My crew was SO excited - we had been talking about him for a while and watched some of it on the internet, but they were still quite timid! Aside from the circus that we went to with daddy, this was the only indoor theater/arena we had been to and they were scared!
Robert and his buddy Emily - she kept her arm around him and comforted him when he would get scared!
After they all calmed down and became somewhat comfy in their seats, I was able to get a few photos before the show began. Wesley is such a little squirt that he could not hold the chair down and that made for a great laugh!
And of course, since we are VERY early for the show, the show has to start late - Murphy's law, right?!

Finally, about 25 minutes after it was supposed to begin, Slim Goodbody made his appearance onto the stage and the kiddos went nuts! They were so excited. He sang. He danced. He taught us about our bodies. He invited kiddos (and teachers) onto the stage to help him. It was a great time had be all - my kiddos are still singing the digestion song!
By the time we left there, I had some hungry, cranky, tired, and fussy kiddos, but they all said that they had fun and as anyone knows, whether you are a parent or not, those few, simple words, make everything worth it! I am grateful that I had the privilege of enjoying this outing with my wee ones yesterday - without my fabulous husband, it would not have been possible, so thank you, my love for allowing us these opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...