Monday, August 22, 2011

Missing My Mama

I think I figured out why this entire situation with my mama is so upsetting to me and why I am having SUCH a hard time with being away right now. . .

First, rewind to 10 years ago, I was a freshman in college and my mom was pregnant with my little brother, John David. She began to have complications, but nobody told me because they wanted me to remain focused on my studies. She was admitted to the hospital in her 4th/5th month and from there things went downhill. I was eventually told about the complications, but after things had already been taken care of and she was 'stable' and back home on complete bed rest and under the watchful eye of homehealth. A few short months later, on December 9, 2001, my little brother was born at 31 weeks and was by far the tiniest baby I had ever seen. He did not make it. . .

So, now, with my mama having these sudden and serious (but hopefully temporary) issues, I am left wondering, what are they not telling me? With me being 600+ miles away, there is a lot that I am not told in regards to them and my siblings, just like they do not know about every detail when it comes to me and my family. But we are all growing up and I understand and appreciate that is par for the course. So, while, I do not believe that they would keep secrets from me, I worry, especially since all I have seen is a picture.

So, until I can see her again with my own eyes and hear her again with my own ears, I will be on edge, but I remain prayerful that she is being well cared for and pampered. And God-willing, today will provide a much needed jump start in the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...