Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Here! It's Here!

Our 2011-2012 curriculum just arrived! 

Hannah and Robert were so excited - they met the UPS man at the door and brought the boxes inside and immediately tried to open them. . . but of course mommy needed to get pictures!

We use Seton Home School. For those of you who do not know it, it is a Catholic homeschool and we love them! They provide the lesson plans and all sorts of 'extras' as well. I also love the fact that they are true to the Church's teaching.

This year, Hannah will enter Kindergarten. Robert and I were on the fence about this as she is only 4, but she is also very ready. So, we decided to go for it and worse case scenario, it takes 2 years to get through it. Big deal. It also allows her to still feel like she is participating as that is something we struggled with last year. . . she felt left out a lot.

Robert will be entering 1st grade. He is SO excited - and so was I until I saw ALL of the books - I need to go through them and get a better feel for them as right now, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed! Regardless, he is ready and I have no option but to follow in his footsteps - St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Help Me! 

So, my goal is to look through all of it tonight, The kindergarten I already know from last year and *hopefully* we will start tomorrow. . . We also have our first science club meeting with our homeschool group in the morning - we are investigating owl pellets!


"Parents are the first and the most important educators of their own children, and they also possess a fundamental competence in this area; they are educators because they are parents." Pope John Paul II

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a lot! I had it easy since I'm just continuing a few things and added on a few things. I would be overwhelmed too! I'm sure you'll have it together soon and all will go swimmingly! It really is easy to just dive in and go with homeschooling :) AND you start WHEN YOU ARE READY! :) YAY for the new school year and new books!
    Blessings,
    Evie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...