Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Homeschool 2011

WOW! This year, Robert will start 1st grade and Hannah/Aahliya will start Kindergarten. We do not have our curriculum yet, but I am ready to start, so today we got back into the routine!

Our days starts with some wake up/free time. Then after breakfast, we clean/do morning chores and brush teeth. As soon as that is done, our school day begins!

  • We start with the Pledge and God Bless America

  • Then morning prayer (Glory Be, Hail Mary, Our Father, Guardian Angel Prayer, Morning Offering)
  • This is followed be story time and journals on the kitchen floor.
  • Then, off to the table for our 'work' Today, we worked on writing letters and thinking of words that started with that letter.We then did what was supposed to be self portraits. . . My First Day of. . . (Hannah drew an elephant and Robert just copied what I wrote!)

  • Wesley wanted to do school today too. . .

The one aspect that I love about homeschooling is that you make the routine. You decide what will and what will not happen. If something does not work, so be it. If you want to have 'school' a few days a week, that is fine. Everything and anything is a learning opportunity!

Also, one thing that I need to mention here is my husband as he is the reason that we are able to do this. If he did not make the sacrifice to go to work everyday, we would not be able to do this. So, thank you, Robert!

2 comments:

  1. Lol I want you to know that this entry inspired me to make a change to our homeschooling routine. I printed out the Pledge of Allegiance and it's on our school wall =) I hate to admit this, but I never thought about it. We used to say it in school when I was a kid, but then it just went away. It never occurred to me to have the kids say it every morning until I read your post. So thank you for sharing your routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's Paula Spencer, by the way...lol I just noticed what my Gmail name was.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...