Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Gift That Keeps Giving

Well, it has happened. . . We have had our first ever bug that has made its way through our entire family. I am not sure whether to celebrate (that it took nearly 8 years) or sob (because now I know it *can* occur), but it has happened!

It all began last Tuesday/Wednesday with the boys. There were still tummy issues through the afternoon on Wednesday, but by bedtime, all was well. Thursday afternoon, I was feeling off, but thought it was just fatigue from not sleeping well. . . We made it to Friday Mass with the cousins at Christ the King, but had to forgo our plans for the zoo and headed to play at Chick-fil-A instead. That lasted about 25 minutes and then I knew we needed to get out. We headed home and that is when I became the third victim of this bug. Luckily, Daddy came home early and I thought it was over, but low and behold, the real fun was yet to come! I survived it and Big Robert even let me sleep in the next morning!

Today, Hannah began complaining of her tummy hurting. She will get these odd tummy aches from time to time that will last for a bit then disappear. I thought this was one of them and got her a wet rag and laid her down for nap. About 10 minutes later, I heard tears and then a call for help from Daddy. . . Yep, she had fallen victim as well! Great. That meant that Daddy was the only one left. . . or so we thought!

As we were all sitting on the couch talking about 5pm mass, I asked who would stay home with Hannah - Daddy or Me. Partway through this conversation, Daddy started commenting that he was not feeling well. . . With this development, there was no way that I was going to leave 2 sick people home and bring our germy selves to Mass, so the decision was made to stay home. . .

So, this is the story of the bug that got all 5 of us sick. We are all beyond ready for it to leave and never return as I am tired of laundry and cleaning toilets!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...