Friday, January 6, 2012

The post that I have been avoiding. . .

Well, there is good news and bad news in regards to this most recent surgery - not sure which to share first. . .

Good News: The surgery has helped *some* and the recovery has been flawless. I am still tired and sore, but that improves with each passing day. We are beyond thrilled for a smooth recovery as this has not happened with ANY of the surgeries since Wes was born, almost 3 years ago. We are so grateful for this blessing and all of your prayers.

Bad News: The surgery has helped *some*. Prior to the surgery, the nerve pain began in my lower right pelvis (about 2 inches above my c-section scar) and extended into my groin. For the most part the pelvis part is gone, meaning that the adhesions were pressing on that section of the nerve, but from about my c/s scar down, the pain remains - the area that he could not get to in this surgery. This is quite discouraging to me, but I have to keep in mind that it did lessen the total area of my pain and for that I must remain grateful.

Our prayer was for relief and an easy, uncomplicated recovery. All of this *has* occurred, just not in the full capacity that we had hoped for. I have had to remind myself many times that my plan in not His plan. So, for now, I follow up with my surgeon 1 week from today and will see my pain doctor after that. I also spoke with an herbalist and an acupuncturist and we will see where that brings us.

I am trying to remain positive and not focus on the negative. Big Robert is doing an incredible job in helping me with this. He is my cheerleader and confidant. . . I am trying so hard, but it is honestly difficult. My prayer now is for courage, trust, and endurance as we continue on this journey that is evolving and ever changing. This journey that I must remind myself *has* improved. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...