Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Big Boy

Well, I think that my baby is not such a baby anymore - and that makes me so very sad. . .

Yesterday, when he woke up, he decided that he wanted to wear undies. I agreed, but was not expecting much success and boy was I surprised when he had NO accidents all day and I did NOT remind him a single time! He had done it all by himself - with the exception of nap and night, of course. I even posted on facebook last night that I think it might have 'clicked.'

Well, this morning I was not sure what to expect, but when he came into the bathroom shortly after waking and took his diaper off, I had a feeling that he had figured it out. Then he did something I was not expecting - he pooped on the potty!!!! For those of you with kiddos that are/have potty trained, you understand just how BIG this is and he did it all on his own! I did not remind him or ask him, he just knew what his body was telling him!

A little later, we were preparing for  Science Club at our leader's house. I tried to put a diaper on him, but it turned into a HUGE battle, so I just packed extra clothes and, once again, he did great! I reminded him because I did not want to be cleaning carpet's, but he did awesome!

Tonight we are going to celebrate his new accomplishment with a little celebration and cake, much like we have with the other two. I am so very excited, but so very sad at the same time. Very soon, all signs of a baby will be out of this house. . .Luckily, Wesley knows that he will always be my baby and even insists that I call him baby most of the time!

I truly did not think that we would see this day for quite some time, but he was ready. He chose the time. He did it on his own. And I am a very proud mommy of my special baby!
He LOVES his 'big boys'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...