Friday, January 13, 2012

Post-Op Appt / Biopsy Results

After much anticipation, I finally had my post-op appointment today and here is what I learned:
  • There is a "tumor" on my liver. He gave me the name, but I was more focused on the fact that it is and forever will be benign, that I never wrote it down. :-)
  •  He was quite encouraged that the pain has been slightly relieved.
  • With the improvement in pain, he feels that should we decide on the final step, it will not be as invasive as initially thought. So, instead of a large incision and hospital stay, it would be a smaller 2 (or so) inch incision and I would go home the same day.
I left there feeling very good - not only was my liver fine, but should nothing work and this next step be required, it will not be as invasive as initially thought. It will still be a more difficult recovery than my laproscopic surgeries, but compared to what was first presented 6 weeks ago, this is MUCH easier. . .

I return to my pain management doc next week to talk/update him on everything and see what, if anything else he has to offer. And then it is up to Robert and I to discern and pray for wisdom and guidance. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...