Friday, December 2, 2011

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I (Day 8)

Home Again, Home Again. . .
December 3, 2011
Well, today started out slow, but before long, we were in in full throttle mode - Uncle JoJo had a soccer game at 10 and both he and Papa had to leave the house by 9:15 to make it to the field on time and we wanted to be gone by 9:30ish as well. So, we were all trying to get ready, load the van, etc etc at the same time. The chaos made the goodbyes a bit easier!

Before the goodbyes however, Uncle Michael wanted to have a big breakfast - Bambi Bacon - UGH, Eggs, Biscuits, Coffee, Juice, etc. I agreed to cook since it would allow everyone else to take care of what they needed -  It took a lot for me to cook Bambi, but I did - everyone that tried the bacon said it was good, I on the other hand, could not bear the thought of tasting it!

After Breakfast, Uncle Michael was given the task of loading the van while Aunt Mollie watched the kiddos and I went through the house to gather all of our stuff. After we *thought* we had everything, we loaded into the van and headed to the cemetery to visit Uncle John David, Granny, Grampy (Wesley's namesake), and all of our other family members graves. There were many questions as the kiddos had never visited a cemetery before - Hannah thought that by going to the cemetery, that we were going to Heaven to see them! We said some very tearful prayers, laid down some flowers, and left. . .

As we were leaving, I went to put a movie in for the kiddos to watch, only to realize that ALL of our movies were at Grammie/Papa's still! So, we looped back around to their house to pick those up and were then on our way. We made a stop in Hattiesburg to pick up the kiddos shoes from Aunt Shelley and then drove the rest of the way home with only 2 more stops.The drive was just as easy as it was coming out there, except this time, Wesley talked NON STOP!

Just before 10, we pulled into the driveway. Within an hour, all of the kiddos were asleep, the van was unpacked, and Robert and I decompressed for a bit before heading off to enjoy our bed. . .

This trip to MS is one of the best yet. It was the perfect amount of time. I loved staying with my family. The only thing that I would change would be more time with Aunt RaRa and Uncle Bret. God willing, that will happen next time!

Again, thank you to all of you in MS and to Robert for this - I feel so renewed having spent such quality time with my parents and siblings. And seeing the kiddos make such great memories with my siblings and parents is so nice - having Wesley talk about Grammie and Papa and Aunt ___ and Uncle ___ makes me smile!. I loved every single minute and absolutely can not wait for the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...