Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Feast of the Immaculate Conception

 Tonight, we went to Mass as a family to celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. It was wonderful to be there as a family, even though the kiddos were a bit antsy. At one point, Little Robert leaned over to me and whispered attempted to whisper something into my ear. It took me a minute and then I realized what he said and my heart just melted. He said:

"Mommy, how do I know if God wants me to be a priest?"
  
Oh, Lordy, let the tears just start in the middle of Mass! I would be SO honored if one of my children enter into the religious life. . .Not that I would be any less honored if they were to remain single or enter into the sacrament of marriage, but WOW! Just the thought that God chose one of  the children that He has entrusted into our care to become a priest, is incredible. . .

My response was simple and straight forward. I told him that God would let him know. That he just has to pray and listen to whatever God has to say and then he will know what He wants. We also spoke to Father Thanh on the way out and will have him over for dinner one night for more discussion!


Regardless as to what He wants for them, I am honored that He trusted Big Robert and I enough to raise these 3 precious gifts. I am forever blessed and beyond grateful for this. . . 

Prayer for Vocations
Lord Jesus, once You called the first disciples in order to make them fishers of men. Continue to let resound today Your sweet invitation: “Come and Follow Me.”

Grant to young men and women the grace of responding promptly to Your voice. Sustain our bishops, priests, and consecrated souls in their apostolic work. Give perseverance to our seminarians and to all those who are fulfilling the ideal of a life of total consecration to Your service.

Enkindle in our communities a missionary zeal. Send, Lord, workers into Your fields and do not let mankind be lost because of a lack of pastors, missionaries, and people dedicated to the cause of the Gospel.

Mary, Mother of the Church, Model of Vocations, help us say “Yes” to the Lord Who calls us to collaborate in the divine design of salvation. Amen. 
- Pope John Paul II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...