Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome 2013

I think we could have started 2013 off a little better, but instead, it has begun with mommy growing an orange on my only remaining ovary and 2/3's of the kiddos getting Croup (and a good case at that) requiring oral prednisone AND 3 doses of Albuterol for each. For the first many days of 2013, I sat around thinking how much worse can this get, and then without fail, one of the kiddos would have a coughing fit that ended in vomiting, or would begin to wheeze and not be able to breathe, or somebody would head butt me in the tummy sending me into a fetal position while crying, or we would go to the doctor for a 3rd visit in less than 24hours.... IT WAS GREAT!

Then came the first Saturday of 2013, and we played games. We laughed. We read. We had fun. We enjoyed being a family. We enjoyed being in each others company - even with sick kiddos, a tired daddy, and an exhausted mommy. This was truly a great day!

But, Sunday was a different story... It began with the rear end of my van becoming very intimate with the front of Robert's truck early in the morning. Then Hannah spiked a high fever and began to wheeze requiring her use of steroids. As much as I wanted to nap, I couldn't and then I had a headache. The day was going bad and just seemed to be at a steady downhill motion.... UNTIL dinner. Our oal as parents for 2013 is to get our kiddos to eat better and try new foods - especially Lil Robert. Well, last night, I made a meatloaf FULL of zucchini and carrots, and onions, and garlic and wouldn't you know it that Lil Robert not only ate it, but has been begging to have it for dinner ALL day! It has only taken 7 years and 9months to get him to try REAL food!  I was sobbing like a baby!

The one thing that has been great so far this year is our school. We seem to be in a good rhythm. The kiddos are fighting me less and understanding more. We still have a ways to go until I think I will be at a happy place with it, but for now, I am grateful for baby steps!

After these first few days of 2013, I think we are ready for anything - So, bring it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...