Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hannah, My Black Eye Bee



Today in science, we discussed insects and what differentiates them from arachnids (spiders). (In case you did not know, there are 3 distinct differences: 1. 6 legs 2. 3 parts to the body and 3. Antennae)...

Well, after we finished, I sent the kiddos on an adventure with their binoculars that we made yesterday to find some insects. After a few moments, I realized Hannah was no longer outside. I begin to call her name and walk towards the side gate to see if maybe she, in some mysterious way, interpreted stay in the backyard as go to the front yard. As I round the corner to the gate, I hear a child made hum behind me. When I turn around, I saw a beautiful bee that just so happened to resemble my sweet Hannah!

Hannah, My Black Eyed Bee was oh so proud of her creativity... and so was her mommy! I think it is safe to say that she fully understood the lesson. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...