Monday, January 28, 2013

Helpless....

 Right now, my little sister in in the SICU in MS, 600 miles away, surrounded by my parents and all of my siblings. I am in my bed, running high fevers and testing positive for the flu. I want to be there with her. My heart needs to be there with her, hugging her, kissing her, seeing her with my very own eyes. Now, thans to these fabulous germs that  I have been 'blessed' with, that cannot happen. The last thing I want to do is bring germs to my sister who is already fighting for her life...

That brings me to the title of this post -->
 H.E.L.P.E.S.S. 

I am completely helpless here in FL. Yes, I am praying. Yes, I am doing everything in my power to gather as many prayers for my sweet sister as I can. BUT, I long to do more.... While Wesley was in NICU and I was helpless because I could not help his lungs develop. I could not make him gain weight and eat. I could not regulate his body temperature. BUT, I could pump my liquid gold for him. I could nurse him when he was ready. Right now, sitting at home 600 miles away, there is NOTHING I can do...

So, for now, I pray. I trust. I hope. I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...