Thursday, January 17, 2013

Q-Tip Painting

Today is a dreary day on the homefront. It is warm with rain moving in. It is overcast and windy. It is a day that depresses you to look outside....

Since it is Thursday, I have my pre-school class for Wesley and Leighton. We have already begun the process of learning letters and their sounds and how to write them. Early this week, we went on a scavenger hunt for items that begin with L and W. We also used our fingers on sand paper to trace their letters. We have written them in chalk. We have had fun!

Today, however, I wanted to do something different. I was going to take all 4 to the zoo to look for animals that start with 'their letter.' In order for this to happen, the kiddos were to pick up their toys and do their chores while I took a shower. Wouldn't you know it, that once I was done, nobody had done as I asked. As a result, they lost the zoo privilege. (Tomorrow will be too cold, but maybe next Tuesday we will try again - they don't know this, though!) So, I had to go to plan 'B'. Which meant coming up with a plan b!

As I was drying off, I figured out just what we would do. Since we are working so very hard on letters, I decided that I would five the kiddos q-tips to use to create their letters and after that, they would use them to paint. It was a success! Not only did they get some good practice, they also had fun!

Here are some pictures of our very creative morning :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...