Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What A Day

Yesterday was a LONG day - and that is an understatement. It began at 1:15 with Hannah waking up because her tummy hurt. She was sobbing in pain and misery and I knew from her cries that it was THE tummy ache. I gave her some milk to try and help things. Applied my rice/lavender warm pack. And just laid with her. We said some prayers and within 15 minutes it was gone. She quickly fell fast asleep again and I returned to bed. At about 4:30am, Wesley woke up because he was thirsty. I gave him a sip of water and settled him back into bed where he passed out again! Finally at about 5:15am, the kiddos started waking. After the ups and downs of the night, I had no energy to fight them so we just snuggled together on the couch and they all fell back asleep until 6:15 when Hannah's tummy ache returned. I repeated all of the steps from 5 hours earlier, but this time, it was not working. I rubbed her tummy with some essential oils. Prayed with her. Worried for her. And contemplated if I should call Dr. Nick.  At about 7:15 I was ready to call Dr. Nick when she began to perk up. Within the hour, she was eating and running around - this tummy stuff is incredible! Once Hannah was fine, I began school with the kiddos. They were all very motivated to start/finish because they knew that there was a special treat in the end - baseball/softball goodies! We finished school, the kiddos received their prizes, we did our chores and cleaned up, and then we were off to Aahliya's Birthday Party. What a treat that was for the next 4 hours! The kiddos loved it. Nobody became sunburned - a difficult task with fair kiddos. It was just a great time. On our way out, I got a lollipop for the kiddos as my thank you for leaving the fun without throwing a fit. Well, luck would have it that Robert's was missing a corner. Normally this would be no big deal, but to a cranky kiddo who is absolutely exhausted, it was the end of the world. In the midst of dealing with this crisis a monsoon hits and I have to pull over. During this time, my phone rings and it is my neighbor. Apparently, we lost power - great! The only way in/out of my house is the garage door because of the safety locks for the kiddos - we were completely locked out and JEA was estimating it to be turned on around 6pm.....It was 3:30. Well, we were down the road from my sister in law so we decided to stop in at her house. We make it to her house and the rain stops. I am opening the doors when Hannah informs me that she is about to throw up. I leap to the back of the van just in time to be standing directly in front of her when the contents of her stomach explode.....on me! JOY! I get her, the car seat, and all of the other items now covered with Hannah's vomit out of the van and begin to clean. So, now, we are not going to hang out at mt SIL's place for a few hours until the power is on, so I clean the van while Hannah sits in the front. I pack up all of the contaminated items and we head out to an unknown destination. At about 5p, I get a phone call telling me that the power is on! WOO HOO! Thank you, God! We head home. Take care of what needs to be done. Feed the non vomiting kiddos and they are all in bed at 7 with me not to far behind...... When I put my head on my pillow last night, I quietly thanked God for allowing me to not only survive the day, but also that the day had FINALLY ended.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...