Friday, May 18, 2012

Father Norman Weslin

I was given the unique opportunity to spend 10wks with this incredible man during the summer of 2002.

That summer, my life changed in so many ways. I met the man I call my husband. I walked across the southeast proclaiming the beauty of life one step at a time. I was away from my family for the first time ever. I had recently been diagnosed with depression. My baby brother had been in Heaven only 5months. I made many incredible friendships. I grew in my faith. I met Fr. Norman Weslin........

A few hours ago, I received the phone call informing me of his death. At first I was in complete denial - this incredible man. A man who became my spiritual father. A man who would hear my confessions over and over. A man that would wipe my tears. A man who spoke with me in the middle of the night while I was scared and alone in the ICU that summer after my snake bite. A man who almost concelebrated our Nuptial Mass. A man who meant so much to me... could this man really, truly have left this world?

I know that he is now in Heaven rejoicing with our Heavenly Father. I know that he is holding his wife so closely as it has been just over 30yrs since she died. I know that he is no longer suffering. I know that he is able to look down and see all of the good that he did while on this earth. All of the babies he saved and life's he touched. I know that Heaven has just gained another Saint....


Father Weslin, words cannot express the gratitude I have in my heart for all that you did for me. I always loved hearing your name on the news. I loved hearing all that you did for the unborn. Father, I have wanted to give my children the opportunity to meet you. The opportunity to attend one of your Masses. Both my husband and I love you and miss you dearly. Thank you for all that you did for me during those 10wks...and beyond!
I pray that you are holding your wife close while you both dance the angels.
I rest assured knowing that you are in Heaven and able to hear my prayers and listen to me heart. Please know that my prayers are with you, Father....


Pro-Life champion Fr. Norman Weslin’s death is ‘Heaven’s gain,’ Fr. Pavone says | LifeSiteNews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...