Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The 1st Commandment

Robert has begun the preparation to receive his First Penance and First Holy Communion. To do this, he attends CCD Classes at our parish every Wednesday night. Because he is Home Schooled and not in Catholic School, this leaves 1 day a week for his teacher to adequately prepare the students. If you do some basic math, you will realize that between today, September 12, and his First Holy Communion, May 5, there are ONLY 34 Wednesdays - And that is assuming that there are no breaks and that he attends each one (which I assure you he will!) - Each class is 60 minutes. So, in a maximum 2040 minutes, I expect our son to learn and be prepared as best he can be?! I think not! So we have started teaching him here at home. this has been going on for a while now, but we have now have the curriculum the church wishes us to use.....

The other day, Little Robert and I were sitting on the couch working on the Act of Contrition. It begins with the words My God.... After I said this, Little Robert looked at me in shear horror. I asked him what happened and he could not answer. So I continue on with our lesson and ask him to repeat it to me. He gets the first two sentences 100% correct except for the second word - he will not outright refuses to say My God! It is ALWAYS My Gosh.....

I must say, I am one proud mommy! He has that first commandment down!
Dressing up in Mommy's sweater and glasses :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...