Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2012-2013 School Year

We are so very, very excited about school this year! For the first time in 3yrs, as I opened the boxes containing all of the work we need to complete within the next year, I was not overwhelmed. Rather filled with excitement and joy. I sorted each of the kiddos books and placed them in their backpacks - even Wesley has joined in the curriculum fun with his letter, number, shape, and color books - and felt nothing but excitement about the 18lbs of books I was forcefully pushing within! The feeling that this is what my family needs right now is so incredibly nice!

I am not sure what is the cause for the feeling of peace and comfort... I wonder if it is because of our new curriculum (we left Seton and are now using Catholic Heritage Curricula). Or maybe because I am grateful that all 5 of us are excited about school this year. Who knows, but I am beyond happy. Seeing my family excited is so nice! Last year things were a huge struggle - things were black and white - things were boring. I knew if I was bored so were they..... and after this afternoon, I am convinced this was the correct decision for the Riker Family this year!

Also for the first time, I will be teaching 3 different ages, opposed to the 2 of last year. Robert (7) will be entering 2nd grade. Hannah (5) will be entering 1st. Wesley (3) will be doing pre pre-school work. This year will be a lot of work, but I feel so good about this - in fact we have already finished a science lesson and it had more info that our entire science book last year!

We officially start Monday and I will take lots of pictures and will eventually do a post. Until then, it is organizing everything for our first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...